- How to locate log files in MetaTrader 4?
- Where are the log files when using the new MQL4?
- Finding Your MetaTrader Log Files!
- How do I find the log files for my trading terminal?
If you are interested in an article on problems for mt5, you can read the article for the problem of experts in mt5 .
A reminder for those who have failures of experts / scripts / indicators
In order for any programmer to understand the problem of the expert / script / indicator behavior, you need to provide some information, then the process of parsing the problem is reduced to minimal time.
- 1. The picture of the entire terminal on the graph of which is a particular robot ( ScreenShot )
- 1. A set of adviser or indicator settings. File SET file
- 2. Log files of experts logs EA
- 3. Log files terminal logs SERVER
- 4. Detailed Report
- 5. Strategy Tester (Strategy Tester report)
- 6. A detailed description of the problem in a text document, with the numbers of the ticket of the transaction, with which the problem occurred.
Author of the article www.expforex.com
Learn more how to get this information:
The picture of the whole terminal on the graph of which stands a particular robot
Right click on the graph:
Active work area - save
Our advisors know how to record pictures during their discoveries. These pictures are neatly added to the folder of your terminal and serve to reveal the cause of the discovery at the time, if the opening occurred not there.
It is worth considering that in the tester - the pictures are not created.
Also YOU should understand that in order for the picture to show the moment of entry - on the chart you must put your indicators
Pictures can be found here:
Your terminal \ MQL4 \ Files \ Name of your Expert Advisor
example of a picture with an input:
Experts tab - right click - open
opens the folder of the expert's logs - archive the last 3 days of the expert's work in the archive.!
Log tab - right click - open
the terminal logs folder is opened - Enter the last 3 days of the terminal operation in the archive.!
Note: If your terminal does not have the necessary log files, you need to start the terminal in the "From administrator" mode or with the "/ portable"
Tab - Account history - right click - Save detailed report
If this problem appears on the strategy tester, please send a log of the strategy tester file
Tab - log in the tester-right click - open
opens a folder of expert logs - Put in the archive the file of today's test!
Strategy Tester Report
After the test is complete - Report Tab - right-click - save as.
All This package is placed in ZIP archive and send it to the programmer, This will save both your and Our time, and will allow you to understand the problem in more detail.